22 KV CABLE DESCRIPTION
3 CORE COPPER WIRE SCREENED ARMOURED TO AS/NZS 1972 12.7/22kV XLPE insulated, screened, GSW armoured, PVC sheathed cable. Suitable as primary supply for mines and industrial networks.
1. CONDUCTOR – Compact circular stranded copper conductor complying with BS EN 60228 Class
2. CONDUCTOR SCREEN – Extruded semi-conducting compound bonded to the insulation and applied in the same operation as the insulation.
3. INSULATION – Extruded cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) suitable for operation at a conductor temperature of 90°C.
4. INSULATION SCREEN – Extruded semi-conducting compound applied in the same operation as the insulation. Cold strippable screens are supplied as standard but fully bonded screens may be provided if specified.
5. METALLIC SCREEN – Copper tapes applied overlapped to provide an earth fault current path.
6. BEDDING SHEATH – Extruded black polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) compound is supplied as standard. Alternative materials may be provided if specified.
7. ARMOURING – Single layer of circular aluminium wires.
8. OVERSHEATH – Extruded black polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) compound is supplied as standard. Alternative materials may be provided if specified e.g. medium density polyethylene (MDPE).
The XLPE-protection has excellent electrical, mechanical and warm attributes in medium voltage systems. This kind of protection is superb compound safe and furthermore impervious to cold. Because of different favorable circumstances, the XLPE-protected sort has inconceivably uprooted the conventional established paper protected sorts in numerous areas. The XLPE-protected medium voltage links are planned with longitudinally water-verification. In contrast with PVC and paper-protected links, the upsides of XLPE-protected medium voltage control links are having a low dielectric factor. The great properties of XLPE-protected links stay consistent at a long temperature extend. These links can be laid in earth, in air or in cylinders. Additional data for laying, bowing range surrounding temperatures, passable rigidity with pulling head test voltages ought to be taken in the accompanying pages. We are likewise immediate deliverer to the clients building site for transient planned.
22KV Cable CONSTRUCTION CHARACTERISTICS
Conductor material: Aluminium
Conductor shape: Circular stranded (RM)
Material of the inner semi-conductor: Compound
Material of the external semi-conductor: Compound
Material of bedding: Semiconducting
Screen: Copper tape or Copper wire
Protection: separation tape
Outer sheath: HDPE
22KV Cable Design CORE
Metal: Plain circular compacted copper
Maximum Continuous Operating Temperature: 90˚C
CONDUCTOR SCREEN: Extruded semi-conducting compound, bonded to the insulation and applied in the same operation as the insulation
INSULATION: Cross Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) – standard
INSULATION SCREEN: Extruded semi-conducting compound
METALLIC SCREEN: Plain annealed copper wire. Combined screen area is designed to provide not less than 50% conductance of one associated power conductor
ARMOUR: Galvanised steel wires OUTER SHEATH: Red 5V-90 polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
22KV Cable Usage Characteristics
AMBIENT TEMPERATURE -It can resist from maximum continuous conductor temperature to minimum continuous conductor temperature
HALOGEN FREE- Our 22KV cables are halogen free (toxic fume or corrosives) cables
MINIMUM BENDING RADIUS- Minimum bending radius of installed 22KV cables
MECHANICAL IMPACT RESISTANCE – It can withstand resistance from light to moderate, heavy and even very heavy
RESISTANCE TO SOLAR RADIATION AND WEATHER- It is permanently excellent, frequently very good, occasionally good, accidentally acceptable and is never poor.
CHEMICAL RESISTANCE- It is permanently excellent, frequently very good, occasionally good, accidentally acceptable and is never poor.
BEHAVIOR IN FLAME AND FIRE- It is fire resistant, fire retardant and flame retardant
RESISTANCE TO WATER- Negligible humidity, water drops are due to occasional condensation spray water runs off, exposed to water splashes and heavy sea waves, if immersed it is temporarily covered by water and if submerged gets permanently covered by water
It has a phase core, a conductor screen, metallic screen outside, bounded by armour and further by sheath
It can be placed in any condition like in freee air, in industrial equipment, underground, in trenches, in ducts, machines, even miobile equipment, in conduit, submerged, in outdoor appliances, overhead aerials or festoons and can withstand minimum installation temperature an internal wiring